Documents are stored in package records under the Documents/Packages menu on the WordPress Admin Dashboard.
Upload a New Document
To upload a new document:
- Go to Documents/Add New (Menu may be called Downloads instead of Documents)
- Provide a document title in the title field
- If you are going to display a description in your search list, provide a short description
- Set any categories or tags which apply to the document on the right.
- If you want to set a Version # or date, place this information in the Version field under package settings
- Scroll up to the top and choose Select Files from the Attach Files box on the right and upload the file. The file will be displayed in the Attached File section on the left above the package settings.
- Publish the Package
Replace a Document
- To replace a document with a new version:
- Go to Documents/All Packages (Menu may be called Downloads instead of Documents)
- Find and edit the package containing the document
- Scroll down to the Attached Files Section
- Click the Trash can on the right of the file you want to replace
- Scroll up to the top and choose Select Files from the Attach Files box on the right and upload the new file
- Update the Package - the old document will be removed and the new one added