Try to use photos 1200 X 800px or larger. The bare minimum photo size is 940 x 557px, but photo uploads should be treated like Facebook: the bigger, the better. Especially with a new Localist theme and larger image displays being the norm.
Also, please note:
- Rectangular photos will translate better than square photos in Localist.
- Use non-text-heavy images. (The titles, dates, and times of the events should NOT be listed in the image.)
- If you must use text-heavy photos, aim for the text to be as close to the center of the image as possible.
- Aim for photos without too much white space for a better end-look.
For more information about photos, visit Localist's Knowledge Base article on the topic.
Other articles about working in Localist:
- How do I add an event to the Localist Calendar as an administrator?
- What size image should I upload in the Localist calendar?
- Can a PDF be attached to an event?
- Why doesn’t the Localist calendar have a 30-day grid-view?
- What is the approval process for getting events on the Localist calendar?
- How do I gain Administrator rights to the Localist Calendar?
- What if I need an approved event modified or deleted from the Localist calendar?
- I’m an administrator for the Localist calendar. How do I create featured events for my college or school?
- How do I create a past events disclaimer in the Localist calendar?
- Should I include social interactions such as an "I’m Going" + Ticketing/Registering button on my Localist calendar event?
- Why are past events still appearing in the Localist calendar?
- Can I add a Localist Calendar event to my personal calendar?
- How do I create a widget in Localist for my Georgia State website?
- How do I turn off social interactions (e.g. "User comments," "I'm interested," and "Invite friends")?