1. Begin by logging into your website's WordPress dashboard. The address to log-in to the WordPress site is usually: http://thisismyaddress.gsu.edu/wp-admin
2. Enter your username and password
3. Now you are logged into the website. Go back to the page that is experiencing issues. Please look at the top black bar on your web site. This is part of your dashboard. On this top bar, you can control some of the features of your website. To begin clearing your cache, please hover your mouse over the name of your website and click the word Visit Site. (Note: Each dashboard header may look slightly different depending upon what type of account you are using)
4. Hover your mouse over the tab Performance. In this tab, you have two options to click The first one is Empty All Cache. This option clears the entire website's cache. We highly recommend you do this every few hours to reduce the amount of timeout errors you receive on your website.
The second option is the tab Clear Page Cache. We highly recommend that your choose this button when you are having internal issues with your website (e.g. webpage updates are not appearing, page visual distortions etc.)
5. Once you click one of these options, your browser will clear the WordPress cache. Simply refresh your browsers webpage to see the difference.
6. We highly recommend that you check multiple browsers ( Internet explorer 10+, Firefox, Chrome and/or Safari) to verify that the internal issues have been resolved on your website.