Procedure to include article on news hub in news listings on individual sites where both local posts and news hub posts need to be shown. Note: If all News is on the News Hub, use option 2 without the local taxonomy type and slug specified.
Option 1: This option is best used when most of the posts are local with a few News Hub posts included. Note: this is a change from using the network posts plugin to merger multiple streams and allows use of the WP Post Grid to display and manage categories.
- Create a post on the local site with the same name and excerpt.
- Redirect the local post to the news hub post using the Page Links to setting at the bottom of the post edit page.
- Turn off Search Engine access for the redirected post so the news hub version of the article shows up in Google Search.
- If you are creating a new news listing, you will need to get the unit news and unit mobile news grid templates from the Digital Support Team.
Option 2: This option is best used when most of the posts are on the News Hub posts local with a few local posts. Note: this option does not allows us of the WP Post Grid to display and manage categories.
- On the local site, set a tag that is unique from the news hub such as sitename-news.
- Assign all local articles to this tag.
- On the local News Page, insert the Network Posts Extended shortcode with the unit category or unit tag taxonomy type and slug and the tags taxonomy type and local slug.
[netsposts include_blog="88" days="0" column="1" column_width="100%" taxonomy_type="" taxonomy="" titles_only="false" show_author="false" thumbnail="true" image_class="align-left" auto_excerpt="false" paginate="false" list="4" include_link_title="true" link_open_new_window="true" date_format="F j, Y" excerpt_letters_length="270" use_layout="inline”]