Go to Users > Add New
in the Site Admin dashboard
- Enter the new user's GSU campusID, then select their role and click Add User.
|Administrator||Somebody who has access to the administration features within a single site. Note: Site Administrators can only add users with editor or lower privileges. Submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new site administrator be added.|
|Editor||Somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.|
|Contributor||Somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.|
|Author||Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.|
What Happens Next
- Once a new user clicks the link in the site invite email they will be sent an email with their username, and a login link. They will login with their CampusID and current CampusID password.
- Confirmed users are then listed as users on your Users > All Users page and only be able to access features in your site’s administration panel based on the role you’ve assigned them.
- Everyone must have and use a GSU email address to be a contributor.
- All new contributors will be sent an invitation email and they must click the confirmation link before they’re added as a user to the site.
- New users have 48 hours to click on the link in the email to activate their account otherwise you will need to re-setup their account.
- Additional spam filters or rules, setup by users of institutional email addresses, may block these activation emails. Please check with these users for any such filter before contacting support
- The CampusID username is what they use to sign into the site dashboard and is displayed on posts they write. You can’t change a username, however you can change what by clicking on the user name in the upper right and selecting settings.
- You will see a message saying ‘Sorry, that email address is already used!’ or ‘Sorry, that username already exists!’ if you enter the incorrect combination of username or email address or in the event a local username has been established that matches the CampusID. This should only occur in rare cases.
- Site administrators can change roles of users and remove users as they see fit. To change a role, check the box to the left of the user and select "change role to..." from the drop down at the top of the list and then select "change" to complete the process