Vidyard is a video hosting, organizing, management and analytics platform that integrates with SalesForce and other popular software packages. You can use Vidyard videos on web pages, in emails and on social media. Vidyard lets you upload, download, video stream, store unlimited assets and share them anywhere else on the world wide web for maximum viewership.
How to Upload Video to Vidyard
Users in the Vidyard platform are able to upload videos from their computer if they belong to a role with the following permissions:
- You must have the Create Players permission enabled
- You must have the Upload Videos permission enabled
You can add new videos to your video library easily in Vidyard.
Upload your files
Sign in to your Vidyard account
Select New > Upload from the top-right corner of your library
When prompted, choose a file to upload from your computerTip: hold down Command (⌘) or Shift (⇧) to select and upload multiple files from your computer at once
Recommended upload settings
Vidyard accepts a range of file types for upload. The most common types we accept are MP4, WEBM, MKV, and MOV.
Prior to uploading, they don't require that you export your video with explicit settings from a third-party editing program like Adobe Premier or others – settings like the video/audio codecs, frame rates, file formats and bitrates.
Instead, when you upload to Vidyard, they encode your video for you and prepare it for the highest quality playback on the web and across devices. You can learn more about their specific encoding outputs here.
However, if you need some guidance, Vidyard recommends the following video settings for a smooth upload. These specifications closely align with our own encoding outputs.
File size and video length
- You can upload files with a maximum size of 20GB
- The length of the video must not exceed 24 hours
Uploading on mobile
Have videos on your mobile device? Download the Vidyard mobile app to upload video files from your phone.
- Open the Vidyard app on your device
- Select the camera 🎥 to create a new video, then select the Upload ⬆️ icon
- You may be prompted to allow Vidyard to access media on your device
- Choose a file to upload from your device
Note: You can only upload and play video files on the mobile app. Sign in to Vidyard on your computer to upload an audio-only file.
- Check your internet connection. Uploading relies on a steady connection to ensure the file can be passed to Vidyard.
- Check that you're connected to a reliable internet source
- Check that you have acceptable upload speeds
- Update your browser. Make sure you're using a browser that Vidyard supports and that you're using the latest version. We want to ensure you're not running into any compatibility issues.
- Clear your cache and then restart your browser. Your browser cache stores data from the websites you have visited, which can affect site and app functionality. Learn how to clear your browser's cache:
- Review Vidyard's recommended upload settings.
- If your video doesn't fit within these guidelines, run the file through a third-party transcoder, like Handbrake, to update the video's codec, file type, and other specifications.
- You can also re-export the video with different settings from your own editing software, like Adobe Premier or Camtasia.
For more information on how to post Vidyard Video to your web page, read our article on the topic here.
Want to Get a General Overview of Vidyard?
An overview of Vidyard from their website can be found here: https://knowledge.vidyard.com/hc/en-us