Content added to posts and pages should be easy to read and engaging. WordPress comes with a visual editor (similar to writing in MS Word) to help you accomplish this.
You can begin to insert content by typing it directly into the large text area, or by pasting it from another source (website, word document, etc.)
To link to another website or file:
Uploading Images, Files, and other Media
Use the Upload/Insert buttons to Upload files (eg:PDF, DOC, PPT) or insert images. See a more advanced guide to inserting images and files
To apply a heading to some text:
- Highlight the text you want to turn into a heading
- Click the ‘Format’ dropdown box and select the heading you want to use. Heading numbers should corresponds to the importance of the heading you are using (Heading 2 is the most important, heading 6 the least important)
Lists can make your content easier to read by allowing users to quickly scan your text.
To create a list:
- Highlight the text
- Click the ‘List’ (ordered, unordered) icon in the visual toolbar
Easily insert a horizontal rule (bar) into the content of your pages/posts.
- To insert: select the HR icon in the toolbar: :
- The HR bar will look like this:
Insert an alert box into the content of your pages/posts.
- To insert: while editing a post/page select the text you want to turn into an alert box and select “Alert – Red” from the “Styles” dropdown in the toolbar [see preview]
- The alert box will look like this: