Using templates can dramatically improve the page creation process, especially when your pages share the same structure. With templates you don't need to repeat the same process over and over again. Templates allows you to save predefined sets of elements in one “container,” and then reuse it when you'll need it next time.
There are two ways to create templates for your pages:
1) Place an entire page or individual section layout into a page or post (using WPBakery).
2) Place preset content that cannot be edited within the page (using the Templatera plugin).
To Place a Page/Post or Section Layout in a Page (using WPBakery)
To use a template in order to set the page layout or to place a specific section or element layout on a page, use the WPBakery Template feature.
Templates allows you to save predefined sets of elements as a template and then reuse it when you'll need it next time. You can also save a template that you have made for future use. By using templates you will be able to save time in case you need to create specific layout over and over. Create your layout and save it, after that you will be able to reuse it whenever you need it.
The layout(s) selected will be placed in the page and can then be edited as needed to reflect the content for the current page. Changes to the template are not applied everywhere the template is used in this case.
- First, create a group of elements that you would like to save. To save your elements as a template, click on the icon in the top left of your WPBakery page (the icon that is made up of three rectangles that form a “T”).
- Give the template a name, and then click “Save Template.”
- After the template is saved, you can always select it under that Template icon in the top left of your page.
- GSU-approved templates are also available on the digital.gsu.edu site. Feel free to dowload any of them and import them to your site.
To Place Preset Content
This option can be used when you wish to place the same content in multiple places on the site but only edit it in one place. Use the Templatera Visual Composer Element to place the template. When placed using the Templatera element, the information in the template cannot be edited on an individual page but must be edited in the template itself. When the template is edited, changes are applied everywhere the template is used.