Related Posts are managed via a new plugin, Contextual Related Posts, and an associated add-on plugin, CRP Taxonomy Extender.
- Automatically display related posts at the bottom of each post. Uses a combination of title, content and taxonomy to identify related posts.
- Manually override automatic related posts by setting your own post ids
- Turn off related posts for certain posts
- Use a shortcode to place Related posts inside a VC content area, sidebar or text block.
- Set a default image for related posts
- Set an alternative image to use when the post appears in related posts.
To turn off related posts for a post, check the box in the Contextual Related Posts meta box at the bottom of the post edit page.
To manually set the related posts for a post, enter the ids in the field in the Contextual Related Posts meta box at the bottom of the post edit page.
To set a different image for related posts instead of using the Featured Image, paste the url to the image to use in the field in the Contextual Related Posts meta box at the bottom of the post edit page. Note: if the featured image or this image is smaller than the 300x200 theme thumbnail size, the related posts image will not display correctly.