Visual Composer can be used to create a wide range of custom landing pages. This article defines the steps to create a topic-specific landing page based off the layout defined in the designs which mirrors the Home Page.
- Add a New Page
- Set the Page Title to Show (Make sure the actual title reflects the Topic Title)
- Load the Landing Page Template with Gradient Feature Visual Composer Template
- Modify the Feature Post Grids and change the tag used to "Narrow the source" to a tag for the Topic Feature Posts.
- Modify the Lastest News Grids and change the tag used to "Narrow the source" to a tag for the Topic Posts.
- Change the More link in the Latest News Container Header to point to an archive page of articles tagged for this topic.
- Modify the Video and change to a topic related video.
- Modify the Press Release Grid and change the tag used to "Narrow the source" to a tag for the Topic Press Releases.
- Change the More link in the Press Releases Container Header to point to an archive page of articles tagged for this topic.
- Change the Experts Grid and change the tag used to "Narrow the source" to a tag for the Topic experts
- Change the More link in the Experts Container Header to point to a page with a grid of experts tagged for this topic. Note: if you want a page like this, you will need to create one with a grid filtered by your expert tag.
- Remove the blue expert box and make column full width. Change Post Grid for desktop to show 5 experts instead of 4.
To use one of the templates when adding a post:
- Add a new post.
- Set the Page Layout, right sidebar or full width.
- Set the Title to Show if desired.
- Use the orbuttons in Visual Composer to select your template.